Wednesday 9 March 2011

RUINED!

I love animating and I mean love it. If I'm ever given a project which involves animating I like to do a good job and if it means I will have to spend hours on the job to get it right then I will. I worked on my most recent project from ten in the morning to eight in the evening for two days straight without any breaks and I'm not exaggerating.
It was practically finished and it was perfect. (Wait the emphasis was not powerful enough.) "Ahem." It was frigging PERFECT!!! I proceeded to save it and I was very vigilant about how I did it as I had worked on this thing diligently. Then I closed it and decided that before I removed my USB I would open it up again for good measure and...it was GONE! GONE, GONE, GONE!!!!! All my lip sync, hand gestures, the expressive eyebrows, pupils and eyelid animation GOOOOOOONE!!!

At this point I find something inside me has sort of collapsed. I practically didn't eat for two days and now I find it was just about for nothing. Did I grieve? Yes I did.

Right now I'm not sure what I should do...I'll probably be told I have to do it again...but I don't have time to do a proper job...


Anyway here are a couple of animation tests for my fly. I was experimenting with flight motion before I found an even better technique which, of course, has also been lost.

I suspected that staring at this through out the entire animation would probably give the audience seizures so I decided to slow it down.

This was far too slow and just looked plain pathetic.

I latter worked out that there was a method for adding motion blur. So I stuck with the first wing animation applied the blur and was much better. Well that's all I can show now for all my hard days intensive labour.

No comments:

Post a Comment