Wednesday 16 March 2011

My Model is done!

Yay! I've finished it!

Ok modeling has never been my favourite subject but I've done it....and er (whispers) it has actually started to grow on me...anyway here is the original image.


And here is what I ended up with.


TADAAAH!

That little diary was evil. It had eleven little holes down the side and two metal rings in each but I was determined to make this as accurate as possible so I created each of those little holes and metal rings. I was also intent on making my plug sockets as close to the original as possible too like so.




And here are the plug sockets completed.


For some of my objects I had to create my own textures. My Bunny Suicides calendar for example.


I do love that calendar

I found in the process of creating my model that I actually knew more about modeling than I originally thought as well as the fact I began to enjoy it more as I went along.
Anyway I don't think its quite perfect. for example I think I the curvature of certain surfaces and objects could be improved. I think maybe the lighting could be a little better too as it looks a bit abnormal although I think this could partly be hindered by the fact that the lighting of the original image was unusual and as I have simulated this onto my model it automatically looks unnatural.
Over all I think my textures are ok but a couple could probably be ether made a little lighter or darker. Apart from that I think my levels of reflectivity are pretty close and I think I managed to excel in spacing, proportions and composition.

Anyway thats my blog for the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment