Thursday 17 March 2011

Concept Art

If there is one thing I've always loved its concept art. Its fascinating. If I ever get a film with extras I will always check out the concept work. Its an art that tests the imagination which also makes it so enjoyable to do. My most recent drawing assignment was to produce three concept pieces. I was allowed to draw what ever I wanted as long as I followed the theme of scale the idea being that I could for example draw something disproportionately small like a tiny elephant fleeing from a mouse or disproportionately too large. This was too fun!
Have a gander.

I love anything with a steampunk theme so this was inevitable


The tribe's hunters launched into the clearing just before the tiny hairless primate could disappear from view

It was an epic battle of great proportions

Anyway that's my concept work. Its been a while since I've done much with a biro so I thought I'd give it a go. Right, its 3:010 in the morning and I haven't actually slept since posting my last blog....oh and this blog will probably say its a completely different time of day...and when I created this blog I did state that I was from the UK. I'll have to check those setting anyway.

...I should probably make an attempt at sleeping now...

No comments:

Post a Comment