Thursday 17 March 2011

Hectic times!

I think I managed to complete all my work, die, and live to tell the tail.

My experimental animation is finally over. I had actually been looking forward to this and I enjoyed it but the editing part was savage. It resulted in my partner and I practically finishing the thing, loosing the thing and having to resurrect the thing again. I still don't know how we managed to do it in time.
Ok the animation consisted of over one hundred and forty pieces of card, each hand cut. The  fist entire day from something like ten in the morning till eight in the evening was spent by me drawing each individual piece and together, the both of us, cutting each and every piece out.


I had fuel for my hefty task.


...and here is some of the card...



...and some more...

...and more...

...and yes, some more...

We were able to begin animating the very next day. I would position each bit of card and my partner would take the photos. Unfortunately we had issues with our camera which slowed us down greatly. Also we had found we were a little low on card. This meant one shot we filmed took several hours longer than it needed to as after each take we had to trim the cardboard used. Over all the animation process took two days.
Editing our work was complicated. We did it on After Effects and it took about a day to complete and once it had been completed it would not play the whole way through. We were unable to find sufficient help and when it did come along the individual came to the conclusion that we should rename each individual photo but by doing so the computer no longer recognised them and so our work was lost. I then had to spend an entire day re-editing it and a working day that I had planned to end at perhaps twelve ended at quarter to nine. Ack!

Anyway here's the finished thing.




And here is my finished flash project too.



Its kinda ok but I feel that it lacks a sence of life and character. The animation feels very static.

No comments:

Post a Comment