Wednesday 1 December 2010

Still Walking.

And so the walks continue.

My most recent assignment was to translate my own physical walk into a traditional and CGI animation. Check 'em out.

Traditional



CGI

I'm quite happy with the overall fluidity of both animations but I do feel that the motion of the CGI animation is a little static.
I noticed, when observing my own walk, that my raised foot passes very close to the ground and that I flick it up slightly before placing it back on the floor. (I do wander if this was partLy to compensate for the weight of the big gothic boots I was wearing.) My walk is also quite boyish for a girl too. For example I do not say my hips as much as someone might expect a girl would and I also take wide strides. All of these had to be exaggerated to create my walk animations.

Anyway that's that.
Feed back is always appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment