Monday 18 February 2013

So Project Chip beginith

First coarse of action was to bang a story board together.
My group met up the next day to discuss it. It remained more or lest the same as my original idea but Elisabeth came up with the great idea that the third gull should actually be a pigeon.
So here is the revised version.

A chip lands with a sticky thud. Camera zooms out away and there are two seagulls stood equidistant, silent, either side. Camera snaps to their eyes ablaze with the same malevolent intent. Gong chimes. Suddenly they each let out a marshal arts style cry. They fly at each other. Each is convinced the chip shall be theirs! They clash. Then flail like cowardly school girls, both with heads back and eyes closed too afraid to get hurt. Suddenly. "Croooh" The gulls freeze. A pigeon pops up between them with the chip in his beek.. They all stare at one another. A wide angle shot. "Cooh!" The pigeon shoots off in a flail of loose feathers and chip grease. The gulls are still frozen. End.

We had also all made an attempt at character designs too. As the short is only 15 seconds long and the comedy is slap stick I went with a simple thematic and in the end my designs were chosen. They were originally just ideas I doodled in a note book but they stuck.
 
 


 

 
 
With character designs and storyboard out the way Elisabeth went off to make the animatic and returned with two on Friday for me to look at! I love this group!
 
Anyway we have chosen an animatic, chosen character designs and now I'm just doing some animation tests.



No comments:

Post a Comment