Tuesday 11 October 2011

Nuke

So I decided I would take the post production side of my course to keep up to date with special effects technology (and to also keep up with animation) but I'll continue to practice drawing and the like in my own time. Boom baby!

Anyway yesterday I was confronted with a program called Nuke. It's like a more advance After Effects (and has a very similar visual interface) but it can keep up with you essentially. Anyway the lecture was about layering. We were presented with a piece of footage of an adorable little girl adorned with a pretty baby blue frock and blond pig tales perched on a hill who promptly whipped out a huge bazooka-like-lazer-alien-gun-thing and fired it across the landscape. Upon opening the file on Nuke it came out in separate layers such as a distant hill, the hill in the foreground and the girl. There were more but you get the idea.
Basically that lecture i leaned that these layers could essentially be "plugged in" to on another. I struggled with it at first but eventually got the idea. In the proses of getting lost and catching up I managed to accidentally pick up a couple more skills. Next time I should print screen some of my work so this can make more sense...and perhaps to make my blog look prettier.

No comments:

Post a Comment