Friday 14 October 2011

Dem Bones

Today I was introduced to rigging. This is when you build bones or joints for a character or object which will later be used to animate them. In effect its a little like putting strings on a puppet.

This here is a chain of bones.


Creating the bones them selves was relatively simple (and I didn't fall behind. Phweeew! ) The next part of the lecture was spent adding the motor controls to the joints. The first enabled me to grab one end and when pulled the rest would follow and flex accordingly. The second meant that and animator could grab the central point and make the structure pivot let and right.






Anyway I added pictures so my blog is a little more interesting to look at...probably still a little boring though...

Oh and Dell wiped my laptop clean. All is lost...

No comments:

Post a Comment