Thursday 17 February 2011

Modeling, Animation, Stuff and Stuff

Ok I think this is going to be a shortish blog again.

In this modeling session I learnt how to put "joints" onto a 3D model and I had to apply these techniques onto a pair of simple skeletal hands I created like so.


Over all it was a relatively simple and intuitive process and now I can make 3D models that can be animated. Yay!

Anyway a bit of animation mumbo jumbo now. Over the Christmas holiday I came across an elephant animation rig and decided to animate it. There were two elephants in the scene. A mother and her calf but half way through the process the face of the calf collapsed and I had to stop....I think I may have some how deleted something important. I would have rendered what I've been able to do so far and put it on the blog but something weired is happening with the rendering option in Maya at the moment so I'll just ad some screen shots.

So many Nubes Curvs!
Nawwwww.
And those are the elephants. Anyway I'm also working on another little animation project of my own...again...but on top of that next week I'll be doing some hand drawn animation for a third year project and I'm referring to the traditional kind. Not flash. Eeep!

1 comment:

  1. eh, little H? where did this rig suddenly come from?

    ReplyDelete