Thursday 8 December 2011

And there's More

Once I had created what seemed to be a stable character design it then had to undergo animation tests. This is to see how far you can push the design, see just how much movement the design will allow while assessing the point at which it perhaps starts to loose shape. You may also find that certain actions just do not match the character's nature.
On top of this you also need to asses whether it can convincingly carry off important actions that need to take place within the film. For example our mouse needed to say "yes," and "no." As his mouth was so long I was a little concerned I would not manage to make it work.



The end result was very pleasing. I was able to make his mouth articulate yes and no with a defined difference. I then continued my test with a bit of action and response and a full turnaround.





I was very pleased with the turnaround as I had never done once before and hadn't had any tutorials for it. It runs fluidly and demonstrates nicely that he can he takes to full angles nicely.

Anyway whiles doing this I was directing the storyboarding and animatic. This is a "final" animatic (there is always a possibility that change could take place.)



Tadaaaah!

No comments:

Post a Comment